Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Yeah I go about twice a year to be honest, I got up early and had nothing to drink.

I am SO surprised it held up in the diving board cupholder lol. Repair video to follow if anyone actually likes the video.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I went to MAPerformance's Proving Grounds last weekend. It allowed me to realize a couple more kinks that I am now working on :) Hopefully after I get my car solid I can really focus on faster, smoother driving.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
My buddies runs this weekend as well as mine. Sorry I never recorded the road course runs. I was going to on the later sessions, but a fire ended my day early :(

My runs:

My buddy AJ:

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
So I am making my car a little wider properly with front GD STI arms and rear whiteline lateral links for a GD STI as well. My rear axles kept popping out lol so I had to narrow it down using the adjustment built into the lateral links. What are my options to go wider? Can I just push the rubber boots on the axle out further as that seems to be what's pulling or will that not help? Are there wider R160 axles? Gah

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,316 Posts
What we’re you using for oil cooler lines before? I’ve got a thermostatic sandwich plate cooler and I don’t wanna have the same experience? I wouldn’t expect a good oil proof hose to burst. Braided seems overkill but I regularly see almost 100psi of cold oil pressure on start ups. It comes way down when warmed up but like I said my plate has a thermostat so I’m hoping it will stay closed at those low temps/high pressure.....

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
What we’re you using for oil cooler lines before? I’ve got a thermostatic sandwich plate cooler and I don’t wanna have the same experience? I wouldn’t expect a good oil proof hose to burst. Braided seems overkill but I regularly see almost 100psi of cold oil pressure on start ups. It comes way down when warmed up but like I said my plate has a thermostat so I’m hoping it will stay closed at those low temps/high pressure.....
Steel Braided (Earls brand). The first one I had was well used and I disassembled and shipped it back from Japan with my car in pieces and it had enough. I also see 100 psi and it has been solid since I got new hose :)

Also, I have it double sandwich plated lol and it holds up great - a few autox and road course sessions.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
So I wanted wider axles in the rear and bought some 05 Forester XT axles for cheap and threw them in. They were the exact same width... Ideas?

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I went to BIR Proving Grounds again and raced the road course. 1320 was there yay.

I ran faster with the new RE-71Rs on there and a little more experience this time around. I TRIED to blow the motor and it just won't. I hot lapped the 2.5 mile road course every lap over and over at 260 oil temp, but coolant stayed at 180 the entire time.

As far as AutoX goes, I was 21st out of 142 overall, 8th in my class. I was .4 seconds behind a 400 whp RS coupe driven by the owner of JM Auto - The goto Subaru tuners out here.

What a blast.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts