Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Charlie bit me...

So I finally go her to help me properly bleed the slave cylinder after I removed it to raise it up.

Also lowered the rear a bit more to level it out. I will try to get the weight spread to the rear a bit.

·
Registered
03WRXRallyCar 05XT 06 OB
8 Posts
Nice car man. Cover Those Coil Overs if you plan to see winter in this car. I had a beast of a time adjusting mine after 1 winter here in the mitten.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So I had mucho problemas trying to connect my Win 7 laptop and an XP virtual machine to the hydra. I had both versions of the software on both OS. Even though the guy who sold it to me said the Hydra was v2.6, I got a message that it was not the correct version software for the ECU firmware. I decided to connect with 2.7 and it told me it was 2.7 but a newer version of 2.7. I got connected BRIEFLY one time, and then nothing for the rest of the night. The short time I was connected it looked a little garbled and said the maps were private (locked) and the owner swears there was no password or lock on them. I suspect a bum USB to RS232 cable and will try a new one tonight.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
You said it! Also, I am buying an ACT heavy duty clutch and lightweight flywheel and 1000cc DW injectors. I kind of need to be able to tune for those injectors....Damn USB cables.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I was able to find a Hydra Nemesis version 2.5 install and that worked. Apparently that was the issue.... I tried 2.6 and 2.7 but NOOOOO it was even older. Oh well.

I hate overthinking things.

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I got the SB9-HDSS which is good for 430 torques. I wanted one that wouldn't shatter my gears like the pucked clutch would have even though I have RA wider teeth. I also risked it with the lightweight flywheel. The strut there is yet another one for the forester since I keep bending them with shenanigans. I already replaced both rears a few months ago.

Old disk was within the proper usable thickness, not sure why it slipped. Do I make too much power?? Evo 3 16G at 15 PSI...

I kinda half-dropped the trans and left the driveshaft in since it's new fluid in there. SUPER FRIGGIN EASY!

The new OG hotness, 725 lb-ft of awesome:

I drove barely a few miles since snow hit in MN and already the coilovers are getting nasty. :(

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I will have to think something up, I've kind of always wanted to do that :)

Added to the list :( I need a turbo blankie first and new rad hoses.

AND STILL HAVE TO DO THE RUST REPAIR!!!

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
So my car is a turbo'd RS. Do I need to have a coolant expansion tank on it??? Like what the WRX/STIs have always had? I'm more than happy without one and temps have been fine but it hasn't seen track time yet.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
nice to see someone in the cities actually doing something with a gc for once. I remember this car from the firestone days of yore.

81 - 100 of 149 Posts