Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get my exhaust together on my 06 2.5i and now I'm getting both p2096 and p0137 every 100 or so km at the same time.

For my setup, I went with borla replica headers, a Stromung trackpipe, stock midpipe with resonator and Stromung axleback. For an O2 sensor spacer, I went the route of the drilled out non fouler.

Now research tells me that p2096 is likely caused by the rear O2 sensor being too far out of the exhaust stream. I'm afraid if I remove the bottom section of the non fouler, I'll end up with a p0420.

I'm wondering if I remove the spacer and drill it out slightly, will that increase the exhaust flow to the sensor and relieve my CEL problem.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
2001 Subaru Outback, EJ253
540 Posts
The problem your having is that you have a test pipe and your using the wrong solution to fix the problem, since you do not have any cats, you need to install a Mil Illiminator. That will fix the problem with your CEL for the cats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.