Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000rs with a wrx swap. Recently when driving sometimes the car will cut out or hickup when accelerating, almost like if you were to hit fuel cut. This does not happen every time i drive it, only when driving for more then fifteen minutes or so and even then sometimes it will not happen. it occurred around 2500-4000rpms but its not always in that range. Another problem i notice when this started to occur is that the reading on my voltage gauge is all over the place. it will stay around 14v most of the time but when idling or first starting it will drop to around 10-12 and some times even lower, also when under a heavy load, such as rear defrost, wipers and radio, the volts will drop around 10v. The car has also been stalling some times when idling. ive had the alternator and battery tested and that came back fine, but i have notices some battery acid leaking out of the battery, im going to fix that asap and see what happens. if anyone has anything to add that would be great.

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
went through the grounds under the hood, changed the plugs, full tank of gas. same thing is still happening. takes about five minutes of driving to start cutting out at higher rpm's then as i continue driving it will start cutting out at lower rpms and stalling at idle, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have a CAI or SRI
I have a Perin short ram with a stock maf, but its never given me any problems before.

I was able to plug it into a diagnostic scanner today and find out im misfiring on all four cylinders. This leads me to believe that it is not plugs or coils but maybe timing, the alternator, a dirty maf or who knows what else

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.