'97 white Impreza Coupe
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
I got some custom molded carpet for 140 buck from www.stockinteriors.com

It looks pretty good, but you have to be carful installing it. because it doesnt come pre cut.

So you have to cut the wholes for the center counsel, all the seat bolt holes, seat belt holes, all of that.

I did a bad job of cutting out the center part, then i threw away the door trim brackets to hold the carpet down and now it sticks out.

and everytime i remove my seats it takes forever to find the holes to rebolt them.

Im sure you can get it to look good, but you would probabaly be better off buying some used WRX carpet or something.

·
Registered
03 Impreza 2.5RS. AWP
461 Posts
I see deals all the time for like new WRX and STi carpet for under $100 and its OEM. Shipping around $25 or less. I can source you one if that's what you want to do.

·
Registered
'97 white Impreza Coupe
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got some custom molded carpet for 140 buck from www.stockinteriors.com

It looks pretty good, but you have to be carful installing it. because it doesnt come pre cut.

So you have to cut the wholes for the center counsel, all the seat bolt holes, seat belt holes, all of that.

I did a bad job of cutting out the center part, then i threw away the door trim brackets to hold the carpet down and now it sticks out.

and everytime i remove my seats it takes forever to find the holes to rebolt them.

Im sure you can get it to look good, but you would probabaly be better off buying some used WRX carpet or something.

What is the closest to the stock material? Plush cut pile or ultra plush cut pile? Also, did you get the mass backing along with it like the stock carpeting would have had?

Thanks for the heads up on the door trim pieces. I just ran out back with a flash lite and tore them off of the carpeting. haha.

·
Banned
SUBARUS
971 Posts
I bought one of these for the gold car when i was building it and it fit like complete crap. I would highly recommend not getting an aftermarket carpet bc they dont even come close to fitting properly.

Actually the newer carpets from Subaru fit way better than those things do even though it is made for a 4 door. I have a STi LTD carpet in the gold car and minus having some issues with where the b-pillar is and the holes for the seatbelt mounts its fine.

_billy

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
I found a local guy parting out his car and got mine for mad cheap :)

but yeah I used to have that stockinteriors crap in there and its so not worth the hassle (maybe if I had it installed by a pro it would have looked better = $$$ ) I had plush and it was still way thicker than stock.

EDIT: Sent you a PM :)

·
Read Only
2000 Silverthorn 2.5RS
97 Posts
My carpet was pretty bad too, especially with years of road salt that was like cement in the foot wells. I recently ripped it out, took it to the power wash and blasted the hell out of it. After it dried I vacuumed it thoroughly, and it came out very nice! Just a thought for the OP.
edit:Re-read your post. TAN. No amount of cleaning can fix that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts