Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a couple months ago, I installed some custom mounted LEDs in the trunk for nice and bright trunk lights. I never got around to finishing them because I didn't have the special trunk light grounding switch. I took a trip to Manchester Subaru to get the trunk latch, and here are some results. Please disregard the hanging wire in the back of the trunk, I didn't have any zip ties when I finished the install:

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,498 Posts
Sick! I like your style. This is totally worth doing. I installed the OEM trunk light and thought it was the best thing ever... until I realized it sucked. The push sensor isn't very accurate and the light is so dim.

EDIT: I'm looking in your member journal and I really like the hood light. You could become a vendor and sell a kit! The led turns remind me of some JDM VIP style! =)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a little complicated, but basically, find some LED modules that have screw hole for mounting, use self tapping screws to secure that, hook up the positive to the spare connector, meant for the trunk light, from the visible trunk wiring harness, and connect the ground to the special trunk striker found in the Classic Trunk Light Kit for the Impreza RS.
Can you do a DIY on the LED Trunk Light setup? This would really come in handy because the OEM trunk light isn't all that good.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
I really need you to quit doing all this cool shit.
You do? I need him to quite doing sedan/coupe stuff and work on my wagon! Chris winter is fast approaching and that means... project time. I"ll pull my tails and you can help me do my tails and sheeeet!

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Blue
436 Posts
I'm definitely going to have to do this to my trunk and hood now, I'm sick of using a flash light.

Slightly of topic, but what kind of switch did you use when you did your hood?

·
I Miss My OBS..
07 Legacy Spec.b
981 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BlueSubaru Impreza 2.5 RS
258 Posts
nice ones guys!
Sure must help when looking for a stupid missing glove at the bottom of a box filled with all types of useless things

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,770 Posts
wow man, yours came out hella bright. i really like it and i'm jealous you got white. I wanted to do white for looks and functionality but they were all out and i needed the product asap so i went with blue.

·
Registered
00rs silver
39 Posts
It's a little complicated, but basically, find some LED modules that have screw hole for mounting, use self tapping screws to secure that, hook up the positive to the spare connector, meant for the trunk light, from the visible trunk wiring harness, and connect the ground to the special trunk striker found in the Classic Trunk Light Kit for the Impreza RS.
Hello, Would you know a part number or where to buy the Classic Trunk Light Kit for the Impreza RS ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts