Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'04 AW Wrx Wagon
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs

Found this in the Harrisburg, craigslist ads. It is not mine, but I was astonished to find that it is listed as having 19,000 miles. And does appear to be in excellent condition. As far as I can see, $9500 is an incredibly good price for a stock RS with such low miles. Just another bit I thought I'd share with the community!

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,815 Posts
Texted the owner - it's not a typo. 19k miles.

Me: 19k or 190k on the white impreza?
Him: 19k
Me: Holy crap. It's on RS25, what a gem.
Him: I know, my phone has been ringing off the hook, but everyone is a dreamer.

:lol:

Him: "You can post that it's at a Subaru dealer and was traded with a 2002 wrx that has 4500 miles, for a new Sti, both bought and serviced with us from day one"

·
Registered
MY00 STM 4D 2.5RS 250K
15 Posts
I feel all of us. We love our GC8's but for almost 10K you get a great down payment on a new WRX and it's 265HP out the door.

As much as i want a swap for my car sometimes I think it's not worth it. off course I do not have any play money otherwise things would be different.

I hope it finds a new home. it will not be mine.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
No way would i pay 10k for a 12 year old NA Subaru economy car.

19k miles or not that thing is old.

You guys are nuts.

·
Registered
'04 AW Wrx Wagon
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel all of us. We love our GC8's but for almost 10K you get a great down payment on a new WRX and it's 265HP out the door.

As much as i want a swap for my car sometimes I think it's not worth it. off course I do not have any play money otherwise things would be different.
I hope it finds a new home. it will not be mine.
On an rs with miles this low, one could buy an avo kit and make almost the same power as that wrx, save $8000, and pay a quarter of the cost of insurance. And upgrading suspension and brakes would still put the total cost well below that of a new wrx. I like wrx's too, don't get me wrong, but considering the high resale of an rs, some with well over 100k miles, the price for this one appears fair IMO.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.