Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so last night my friends and I went cruising for some fun roads...

One of my friends knew of this abandon road with no houses on it, that was a dead end so no cars on it...just plain NOTHING. It is a truly amazing road.

Anyways...we took it at some pretty high speeds...I mean only about 45 but its a lot of tight quick twists and turns so that is QUICK for this road...after that we went cruising around and my friends car broke down...So...we all get out to check it out and I notice my windshield is cracked...could it be from tossing my car around? Could my frame flex THAT much?

-Matt

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the chassis flex that much?

time for strut bars....

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow...time for some more supports i guess...im autocrossing the weekend at NHIS..hope i dont crack ANOTHER windshield...my insurance company is gonna start getting mad at me...

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Firstly, ^^^^ ewwwwww! :)

I remember this girl I'm friends with in high school had a 92 or whatever the first year SVX was. That car was soooo hot. Cops would pull us over just to figure out what the heck it was. But since it was the first MY it had some problems. If you turned a corner to fast the front windshield was just get annihilated. So her pops got SOA to warranty the glass on the whole car for 100k miles. He was a lawyer. Couple years later they offered that same warranty protection to any of the first MY owners of the SVX.

cheers

garrett

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
If your looking for cheap strut bars... get these:
http://stores.ebstores.us/Items/regfurusi9401?
(You can also get them separately, but you get a better price in the pair)

I can vouch for how strong they are, despite the price... now obviously Cusco and other name brands may be SLIGHTLY better, but you really can't beat them for the price. Who wants to pay $150+ for a name brand one?

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cmiovino said:
If your looking for cheap strut bars... get these:
http://stores.ebstores.us/Items/regfurusi9401?
(You can also get them separately, but you get a better price in the pair)

I can vouch for how strong they are, despite the price... now obviously Cusco and other name brands may be SLIGHTLY better, but you really can't beat them for the price. Who wants to pay $150+ for a name brand one?
thanks...im ordering them...

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Drakuun said:
You could always go with a nice GD upgrade... stiffer chassis :)
just look at your avatar...GC owners dont wanna ride around with a face like that :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts