Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we traded in our rodeo last night and picked up a tank. so now we have 96 outback, 95 impreza, 07 armada :). it goes in to get interior and exterior sprayed with its "first place car care system", front windows tinted and new windshield (we got a rock chip on the test drive) later this week. the spray for the exterior is like a teflon coating and supposedly you only need to wax the car once a year and it acts as a complete teflon coating. the same with the interior but its applied twice a year and it protects the leather from cracking, spliting, fading, stained and cloth from getting stained for 5 years.

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the vehical is for out business so the whole thing is a tax write off intrest, tax, car payment itself, insurance, any repairs (even though we shouldnt have any as we got a 75k mile warranty or until 2013) and the fuel bill :).

they diddnt have a ecko edition there. we also decided to go with an 07 rather than an 08 because we wanted all the options and with the technology package on the 08 you dont get the moonroof which i really really wanted.

i actually need to look for the front end cover because of those damn rock chips and i want to cover the monitor screens as well.

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think so. kinda sad because i diddnt get my 911 that my wife owe's me for having to sell my wrx to get our house and se said that i get the next car but oh well i can wait a year or two i suppose.

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imprezsing04 said:
but the 08 interiors are so much nicer. nice car though, congrats
thats a matter of opinion. the 08's have a more refined rounded dash, navigation / stereo controls are slightly altered, isturment cluster is a little different and has some homo fake woodgrain interior pieces. the 08's almost have an acura-esq feel to them how they are rounded and swoopy lines.

myself and my wife like the 07 interior more so than the 08 because its beefier and has harder/ sharper lines to match the exterior lines of the car. even though neither of us were a huge fan of the chrome grill and mirrors we both thing the front end of the 07 flowed better with the chrome on the grill and then flows into the front bumper where as the 08 we looked at only had the chrome grill.

right now we have an 04 armada as a loaner while they are getting everything done to it that we originaly nego. for in the purchase price as well as a few little things that are warranty issues (loose doorhandle, missing pastic piece in the cargo hatch, loose plastic noise when driving on non busy streets). holy crap is there a difference, my wife misses hers so much already and its only been 1 day.

·
Registered
98 SE-R 01 RS
496 Posts
nice tank. My friend has one of those, very fun to drive if you like the feeling that nothing can hurt you hahahaha. I wish I had one.

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imprezademics said:
Those things are tanks. Ive detailed a few... sucks ass! lol. Very nice looking though.
as part of the negoiating to finalize the purchase were getting 1 deatail a month for the next year :) as well as free oil changes for the year.

right now we dont have anything to tow behind it as my impreza is in limp mode and needs parts to finish. we were looking at jet ski's last year but i really dont think were going to get anything this year because of my foot (broke it in february still not healed, surgury 2 weeks ago, in a cast until probably september) maybe next year though.

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if we were to look at a boat (as its been discussed) we would be looking for an outboard. more so for fishing and taking it out later in the season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts