Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Blac
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so when i bought my car, the spoiler brake light was yanked out. supposedly stolen. anyways, i just recently bought a brake light from a member here. however, i can't find where the wire is that connects it to the light. i have the brake light and the harness thing, but i don't know where it connects to the rest of the car. someone help me ASAP! i'm outside my friend's house trying to find this wire right now. pix would be nice too.

·
EEEEP!!!!
Something Slow
2,000 Posts
Its hard to say depending on how it was disconnected when yanked out. Normally its attached to the driver side trunk lid arm.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wire from the spoiler came as far as the trunk lid. i cant find the wire that would connect it to the rest of the car. there is no other wire that has that blue wire cover in my trunk. if anybody knows the origin of the wire, maybe i can start looking from there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so i found the black wire with the white wire with the black stripe and it is cut. i connected that with the spoiler light but nothing happened. the wire coming from the spoiler light is white with a black stripe and green with a white stripe. so the green with the white stripe doesnt match the black stripe coming from the car. is there a harness inbetween somewhere?

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
Mine goes from that white clip, to up the arm of my trunk, out the hole and is supposed to meet at another clip which would have half in the trunk, and the other half coming out of the spoiler, mine HAD this till I swapped spiolers, then I just spliced wires... If you still have trouble, lmk, I have mostly everything stripped outta my car, I will try to follow the wire

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i spliced those wires shown and nothing happened when i stepped on the brakes. this other clip you're talking about, do you mean another harness? a picture leading to how these wires connect would be awesome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is the wire i have coming from the trunk:

this is the wire inside the spoiler leading to the brake light:

so what goes in between them?

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
if it was "stolen" maybe it got yanked and something came lose somewhere where you can not see... Have you followed the wire into your back seat and rear panel area? Do you know that the brake light you bought works? - Maybe try splicing it into one of your other brake lights to see if it even turns on, and if it does then start following the wire behind your interior

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so the wires i spliced should have worked? It's weird that the wires don't match. I guess i'll start tracing the wire. The guy who i bought the light from assures me that the light did work before he took it out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nevermind, i figured it out. the wires i were splicing were in the wrong order. did it the other way and the light works like a charm. you'd think the same color wires would be the right ones to connect! thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
LOL ! its always a small thing that just sits infront of your face lol... same as when I installed mine haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone help me with mines? I have the wires from the spoiler sticking out of a hole under the spoiler in the trunk.. But I don't know what wire connects with what exactly...

What wire connects with what?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts