Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' coupe and noticed the other day water dripping on the inside of the quarter window. I noticed the upper dam seems to have partially fallen in, but I'm not entirely sold that that's the reason why I have water getting inside from rain. I can see a gap between the outer metal trim and the body, and when looking into the gap, I can see what appears to be the edge of the glass. I plan on taking all the plastic trim out of the back to get a better look at the seal and how it's all put together (bought the car this way, it had a full respray and it looks as if all the glass was pulled and reinstalled). My question is... how is the quarter window installed? Is there an actual weather strip holding it in place like the rear glass or windshield? Or is it sandwiched between the out metal trim and the body with clip and the one bolt holding the trim piece in the corner? I've looked and couldn't find a definitive answer. Thanks for your time folks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The quarter window is mainly held in by the gasket between the body and the window itself. This gasket comes out of a caulking gun and is a very strong adhesive. There is also a clip that holds the corner of the window but that is mainly there to locate the window. The trim is there to cover the all of this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts