Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking out the coil pack the other day and I found that 3 of 4 of the terminals were corroded. :eek: Funny, I never noticed any kind of performance hit. I knew that one terminal was bad and cleaned it off, but never knew the other 2 were bad. Stupid subaru for not using any dielectric grease.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Anyway, I was wondering who else had this problem and if subaru would replace the coil pack under warranty since it is part of the emissions system.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine was doing that on #4 and the car was idling strangely (then later started to buck). The dealer replaced the coil pack, plugs and MAF (?), but the corrosion started to return a month or so later...I replaced the plug wires (using dielectric grease) and the problem hasn't returned yet (in about a year and a half).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine did it on the #3 but didn't cause any problems. Cleaned the terminal and the plug wire connection. I noticed that this plug boot was quite a bit looser than the others.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I've seen this on a few coil packs too on mine and other Subaru's It's a good idea to check it out if you haven't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts