Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short I might be moving to corpus christi for work and am curious what is around the area automotive wise. any road course tracks in the area, or subaru shops? Im in the middle of building an auto x car with the long term goal of road course racing, and really hope to have a place to run it when done.

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
long story short I might be moving to corpus christi for work and am curious what is around the area automotive wise. any road course tracks in the area, or subaru shops? Im in the middle of building an auto x car with the long term goal of road course racing, and really hope to have a place to run it when done.
Let me guess, military? No road courses but we do have a monthly scca auto-x. Subaru shops this far south... not happening, San antonio, Houston or Austin, will have a few suby shops. We did just get a dealership this month after a 3 yr hiatus with out one. Austin is getting the F1 road course, so the chance of a track day looks promising once its done. When are you planning on moving down?

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
...and...Corpus is about 3-3.5 hrs away from both Austin and Houston. ;)

Hope you make it out to some of the meets. And please excuse out ******* Subie member. He's rarely on this site. We try to let him out from time to time. But like a puppy, gets overly excited. :lol:
Hit us up once you make it into town.

Oh, and btw, be on the lookout for the annual OSM Meet in Austin. Usually falls around June. Subies, food, fun, cool friends, and a Sat. drive that's approximately 250-300 miles with all of us....in intervals, of course.

Hope to hear from ya soon!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not military just had a buddy buy out an ambulance service that has contracts down in corpus christi. If I actually move it won't be for atleast a year so I can pay off the majority of my bills. Atleast u got some auto x, any rally x?

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
We did have one that lasted a season, but then they lost the land the track was on. Iirc the track in Austin is not complete yet, I also think there was a talk of a track that might be built in Houston.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the info guys. Hopefully if I do end up moving next spring there will be a place for me to run my cars. Currently have a 95 L being built for auto x and just did sti springs with Subtle Solutions 1" spacers and 215/65R16 general grabbers on my 02 wrx wagon for some light duty rally x. But I'm hoping in bout 2-3 years to have the L ready to run road courses and bout 3-4 years to do the same with the wrx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.