Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Yeah I think I was just hopefully optimistic. I meant OEM as going back to the RS OEM radiator. I've since regrouped and I'm trying to find that condenser from my local Subaru parts guy.

Edit: I now have the condenser on the way. I've got to give a plug to PMP who is getting me the condenser and got me all the parts for the swap. PMP Auto | Your GOTO Source for Used OEM Subaru Parts

·
Registered
203 Posts
The OEM N/A radiator isn't really designed for turbo application. I see people running them, and fewer still running them without the turbo coolant reservoir, but there should be a line connecting the turbo tank to the radiator to allow excess coolant to flow back into the radiator. I am actually going to try to delete the turbo reservoir completely on the next build to see what happens, as I know a few guys running without it on stock/mild turbo builds. Shoutout to Bansheeboy11 on here who's a well respected member on here that's successfully deleted it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Edited to correct part number
UPDATE:

I've got the radiator, condenser & fans all fitted up. I ordered the lines new from the dealer and they just showed up. Lining everything up it looks like the line on the passenger side to the dryer bottle (73431FC020) will fit up perfectly.

The line from the AC compressor to the condenser (73421FC000) doesn't look like its even close. I have the RS AC condenser swapped over to the current engine.
Here's the current RS compressor and line:

And here's the ends of the new hose assembly:

I'm hoping I just have the wrong lines and I don't have to buy a new AC compressor. If that is the case I think the less costly option would be to have a shop make a new line out of the parts I have right now.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,254 Posts
I'm not finding "7343FC000" listed for a 1st gen Subaru. Is that possibly a typo?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nyessss! it was. I must've looked at both part numbers on the slip and mixed them up. Here's the label, its 73421FC000. I edited the above post to correct it.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,254 Posts
That's not the right part number, its for a GD Impreza with a super early build date. The correct part number for a 1994-2001 Impreza (not including the 1998 Impreza RS) is 73421FA141. Unfortunately that part number is discontinued. But you could get one online or from a junkyard. Or have an AC shop make the one you have work, as you mentioned. Sorry about all the hassle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No problem. I ordered the wrong one somehow.

I thought I needed the 98 forester lines to go with the 98 Forester condenser. 73421FC010 is the right number for the 98 forester. From the photo below it looks like the ends are in the correct orientation at least.

I think the 73421FA141 is what is currently on my car now. That hose and the compressor came from my original 01 RS.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,254 Posts
I missed that you had or were getting the 98 Forester condenser.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got the right one on order now. I just wanted to wait to get the dryer bottle line connected before I install fill up the coolant. I should be up and running in no time! The AC can wait, its supposed to be nice here this weekend. :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts