Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here so i dunno if this has been asked yet. I have a 2000 2.5rs. I love the car but there is one con, its hard to drift with it. I want to be able to drift with it a little easier. What could i do and what should i avoid to be able to achieve this. I have an adjustable rear sway bar that goes all the way to 21mm. Would this help if adjusted it all the way to 21mm or would it just upset the driveablitly of the car? If that doesnt work, it defeats one of the purposes of owning a subaru, but could i convert it to a RWD car? what would i have to do? Would this make the car handle as good as say, a 240? Could the drivetrain handle all the power going to the rear? Would this be a logical way to go? id appreciate any info thanks - alex

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
The swaybar will help. I have a 20mm and drivability is fine. Try having a set of crappy/balding tires, but for the love of Jebus don't convert your car to RWD. That's just blasphemy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, ur rigt. I gave it a thougt. Its a stupid idea. I just took my car out into the snow. my heart melted over the handling!

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Kartboy rear droplinks and a super-thick rear swaybar ought to do it.

A mega-oversized swaybar starts to make the car act like it has a solid rear axle instead of an independent suspension, so that ought to make it hop and slide around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts