Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Converted!!

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  obsidian 
RS25.com said:
Fine by me, personally. ALthough there are several 2002 RS owners here, which is nice. I think they feel kind of left out!
Exactly. I had a rough weekend. Ran into three seperate people, two of which are old high school friends and they first saw my car and yelled, "Oh my God, is that a WRX?!?!" and then to watch their faces drop when they found out it was an RS. :(

And of course, the pre-02 RS owners complain of the looks of the New Age Impreza, so we get lumped in there, too.

But then on Sunday, I went to the local mall, and as I pulled in a guy in a white, modded out WRX with black flames (actually looked pretty nice) pulled up next to me and he smiled and waved when I waved. It gave me that good happy feeling that shows that while, yes, some WRX-ers (the ones that post all over the forums) can be abnoxious, there are still good people out there and we're still a nice Subaru family. :)

*wipes tears away*

Of course, along with the fun-to-drive factor, safety, and reliability, the family sense that Subaru owners have is one of the main reasons I picked up a Subaru.

... now if I can just get my Mom to buy me a turbo kit for getting good grades ... :biggest:

That's cool. I'm new to the Scooby family although I did talk my sister into a Forrester two years ago. I've heard nothing but good things about Subarus for a long time. So when it came time for me to buy another car, the decision was easy.

And yes, there are some old school people that are just as bad at being hateful of the new agers as vice versa. The thing is, I think Subaru said they increased Impreza sales by 20-40% (i forget the number) , so even if you take 40%, at most that means 40% of the WRX owners are WRXers, but probably only half of those at most, so that still lives 80% of current impreza owners to be very cool :happynow:

How are you enjoying your TS? Along with the new Protege5, those are definately the nicest looking wagons out there today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.