Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my rear shocks are bad on the Baja. Considering getting a set of Rev9 HyperStreet 2 coilovers. Has anyone used these before, and how was the ride quality. I want to have the same as stock or better ride quality while getting the looks of lowering a little bit. Just looking for some advice/review on these or a set of another lowering kit, or just keep it stock height and replace with oem struts.

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,927 Posts
So the problem you will run into with lowering a Baja or Outback is the frame spacers and slightly longer control arms in the back. You can lower with springs and struts but the geometry will not be correct.

I have lowered a 96 Outback and it did not handle as well as my 95 Legacy. They are the same chassis so the same mods should do the same thing but because of the spacers this caused issues.

My advice would be to get KYB strut/shocks and King springs. The King springs come in different flavors but you can get OEM ride height with an increased rate so it will handle better and should ride close to OEM but a bit sharper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts