1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Congratulations to SIMER & cabfiveforty for WINNING

March's
Subaru COTM Contest

(-Cocked Wheel-)

SIMER

RS25: Since you have been here, how has the site helped you?
There's a wealth of information and knowledge on here that's helped me anywhere from diagnosing issues to swapping my RS. I also seem to find some pretty good deals on parts here!

RS25: What was your first Subaru?
1998 Impreza L. It was a black sedan. Tinted windows, Tanable cat-back and a stage 3 Spec clutch haha. I was such a noob back then.

RS25: Tell us about your car. Any plans of modification or upgrades
She's a 99 RS with a version 5 STi type RA Limited EJ207. I used to have the matching 4.444 gearbox but I recently swapped in an 04 STi 6MT She's getting pretty rotten but I've got a surprise solution for that wink wink. keep an eye out for a new journal.

RS25: Help us get to know you. What is your name and what do you do? Have any hobbies?
My name is Simon. I work at Vermont SportsCar (vtcar.com), better known as Subaru Rally Team USA. I'm a composites fabricator so I make all of our carbon, kevlar, plastic interior and exterior parts for the Rally and Rallycross STi's.

I snowboard, fish, hunt, shoot, build EJ's and club race. I'm also an F-16 crew chief in the Vermont Air National Guard.

RS25: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
BUSY!

RS25: What inspired your photo?
Every winter Sports Car Club of Vermont gets out on the Malletts Bay here in Colchester and holds Ice Time Trials. It's a freakin blast and recommend anyone in the area to come up next winter. I bet you'll find yourself building some bolt tires haha

RS25: Well thank you for your participation in the contest and congratulations on winning. Any other comments you would like to add?
Not to sound cheesy but this is IMO the best subaru forum on the web. I've seen a lot of awesome rides here and for the most part, the regulars are pretty cool.

cabfiveforty

RS25: Since you have been here, how has the site helped you?
This site has helped me immensely, mainly from the knowledge gained while building my car - I can always count on good info and even better camaraderie.. Best site ever!

RS25: What was your first Subaru?
This wagon, almost had her for 6 years now..

RS25: Tell us about your car. Any plans of modification or upgrades?
The car is a 98 L, with 107xxx miles on it. I finished an EJ205 swap on it in January of 2014, so the mod list is getting shorter - but I'm currently rebuilding a set of 4/2 pots for summer install, and hopefully picking up a bigger turbo if my budget allows..

RS25: Help us get to know you. What is your name and what do you do? Have any hobbies?
My name is Drew, I'm an architect and lighting designer here in ABQ. Besides car related activities, I love to be outside - snowboarding, mountain biking, rock climbing; and I can always be found working on my house, yard etc..

RS25: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
Genuine

RS25: What inspired your photo?
The photo was taken on a weekend cruise by a buddy of mine - so I guess the inspiration would be the scenery.. Check out his work:
https://www.facebook.com/LunchboxPhotoWorks?fref=ts

RS25: Well thank you for your participation in the contest and congratulations on winning. Any other comments you would like to add?
Thanks!

-Thank you for your participation in this months Subaru car of the month contest.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
yayyy

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,311 Posts
Great choices, congrats!!

·
Registered