1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Congratulations to mtcs & Iarrobino10 for WINNING

September's
Subaru COTM Contest

(-Frontal Shot-)

mtcs

RS25: Since you have been here, how has the site helped you?
I have been a member of rs25 for a couple years now. I used to be a huge DSMer about 10 years ago. Had a few less then fantastic experiences and decided to try a Subaru as a change. I really didn't know anything about subarus when I first started messing around with them. The first site I visited when I bought my 2.5rs was rs25.com
Incredible people who would go out of their way to help a complete stranger. Can't thank everyone enough for the support over the years. When it came to motor building, I really didn't have any experience with Subaru. So I searched around and found a lot of DIY engine build walkthroughs on the site. Wow. That's all I have to say. Great detail and dedication to rs25! The DIY sections were so helpful for the newb that I once was.

RS25: What was your first Subaru?
Funny enough, I am still on my first subaru. I bought the 2.5rs nearly 8 years ago and have yet to let it go. Love it too much. Of course it has evolved over the last few years to what it is today. But will always be my little N/A couple that was a blast to rip on dirt roads

RS25: Tell us about your car. Any plans of modification or upgrades?
The car at this point is pretty much finished. Not really any plans for any more modifications. I have a few things in the works that may go onto the car, but nothing solid at this point.
Trying my hand at building a EG33 H6 motor in my basement. So far so good, but my current 4 banger is doing the job pretty well. So no rush to complete the basement motor.
At this point the name of the game is going as fast as possible with the lowest amount of power. Still have a lot to take out, but as of now I'm sitting at 1980lbs. Power isn't important. Hopefully go on a bit of a diet and see some sub 18xxlbs. A dream of mine ;p

RS25: Help us get to know you. What is your name and what do you do? Have any hobbies?
My name is Ben Marcus. I own my own small business and also work outside sales for Street Tuned Motorsports in Rochester, NY.
I have a few hobbies. I do highly enjoy racing of course but do get a lot of enjoyment out of the outdoors. Huge golfer. If Im not working or racing, I'm typically shooting 18 with customers or friends.

RS25: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
Dedication.
My build has taken me nearly 8 years to complete. I know a lot of people would of gotten discouraged, give up and move to another project. But if you stick to something long enough, you will be glad you did. Took me a while to realize that doing it right the first time makes the world of difference. Years and years ago I tried cutting corners and it always came back to bite me. Take the extra time and do it properly the first time. You'll never look back and wonder "what if"...

RS25: What inspired your photo?
Finally had the motor back in the car after a long 6 months and wanted to get a few pics of the car on the dyno. Surprisingly enough when it shot fire out, first thing I though was " where's the fire extinguisher at?" Found a bag of marshmallows instead though lol

RS25: Well thank you for your participation in the contest and congratulations on winning. Any other comments you would like to add?
Just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me along the way. Without your help, the car would be nothing today and I'd prob be driving a Geo at this point.

Iarrobino10

RS25: Since you have been here, how has the site helped you?
The site helped me with information for swapping my car as well as sourcing and selling parts

RS25: What was your first Subaru?
My first Subaru was my 2000 rs that I still own and is currently featured

RS25: Tell us about your car. Any plans of modification or upgrades?
My car is a 2000 rs with a shaved Bay, custom paint, v7 sti motor, v8 Trans, 5x114 hubs, brembos, aluminum lateral links and control arms, isc coilovers and misc odds and ends. This winter I will respray and have a gt3076 to instal

RS25: Help us get to know you. What is your name and what do you do? Have any hobbies?
My name is Pat, I live in southern NH and currently own my own business parting Subaru.

RS25: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
Unique

RS25: What inspired your photo?
It was my first professional shoot I got done with my car and this was my favorite one

RS25: Well thank you for your participation in the contest and congratulations on winning. Any other comments you would like to add?

-Thank you for your participation in this months Subaru car of the month contest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.