1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Congratulations to backslider & old_duwel for WINNING

February's
Subaru COTM Contest

(-Open Hood-)

backslider

RS25: Since you have been here, how has the site helped you?
The VERY first day on the site, why in the hell are my parking lights staying on???? Since then, loads of info, from how to's to finding cool oddball parts, even diagnosing help.

RS25: What was your first Subaru?
This is my first Subaru. I came from the Mitsu side of the world before the RS. I had obessed with the Impreza 2.5 RS when it was introduced to me in 98. I wouldn't buy one until 09.

RS25: Tell us about your car. Any plans of modification or upgrades?
My car used to see track duty back when I could afford such a thing. In April its going under the knife again for a widebody. I was shooting for a carbon roof but it just didnt happen.

RS25: Help us get to know you. What is your name and what do you do? Have any hobbies?
My name is Max Withrow, I work for Texas German Autohaus since 09. In the evenings and on weekends I have a powder coat company, Baked Goods Powder Coating. Between these jobs I really have no life. I still do car shows in order to semi promote my business. Hoping to be able to do the powder coating full time by some time next year.

RS25: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
Straightfoward.

RS25: What inspired your photo?
Well, this one I was trying to capture the freshly coated engine parts and the ghost rally livery in one shot. So I guess mainly self promotion.

RS25: Well thank you for your participation in the contest and congratulations on winning. Any other comments you would like to add?
Thanks for having these contest, always fun to compete with the rest of the old school folks. I love knowing there are others out there that really care for their cars and every month it shows in these pictures.

old_duwel

RS25: Since you have been here, how has the site helped you?
This site has inspire me. I got to meet many interesting people with great ideas for small projects that I can apply to my own car.

RS25: What was your first Subaru?
My first Subaru was a 1993 WRX sports wagon.

RS25: Tell us about your car. Any plans of modification or upgrades?
My car is a 1999 STI RA limited #450/1000. Now it is a full swap GDB Ver 8 STI with a Ver 8 Spec C motor. Future plans were to install a dual rear Brembo caliper hydraulic ebrake and retro fit hid projection head lights.

RS25: Help us get to know you. What is your name and what do you do? Have any hobbies?
My name is Richard Duwel, I was in the military, station in Okinawa Japan but now I am a civilian/veteran working as a contractor on a gun range for the Marines. My hobbies are photography, working on other peoples Subarus, snorkeling and ranking up on Battlefield 4.

RS25: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
Dad

RS25: What inspired your photo?
A friend of mine was doing a photo shoot for JDM culture and I asked if I can use the photo for the COTM theme.

RS25: Well thank you for your participation in the contest and congratulations on winning. Any other comments you would like to add?
I want to say "thank you" to those that have voted for me.

-Thank you for your participation in this months Subaru car of the month contest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts