Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my pad issues all figured out and I was looking at the calipers last night and there is something I noticed that does not look right.

For Example

In this picture the slider pin (which is on the right) gets completly covered by the boot. Also the bolt hole (on the left side) has the long end of the boot on the outside of the caliper.

Now on this caliper its the exact opposite. The slider bolt (which is now on the left side does not get completly covered up. And the bolt hole (which is now on the right side) the long part of the boot and hole are on the inside.

Gere are some more close ups to show what I mean. These pictures are pics of the first caliper described.

Slider Pin

Bolt Hole

Here are pics of the second caliper described

Slider Pin

Bolt Hole

ok so does anyone know whats going on? All help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
(860)
2001 2.5RSTi Coupe
1,095 Posts
theres a little ridge on the slider bolt , you have to pull the boot and almost kinda fold it over to cover the whole slider, make sure its well lubricated under there to keep the caliper sliding as it should. and as far as the other side goes with the different length boot on whichever side, the boot moves to compensate for the sliding of the caliper, try pushing and pulling it with your fingers to work it while its in the hole, this will free up any binding, and as long as the bolt is covered while its in there, you are all set. hope this helps you!

cheers!

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
It just looks like you have the caliper with the exposed sliding pin pulled out further. Push the caliper in (whichever direction to compress the pin side) while wiggling the boot over the ridge that is supposed to be holding the boot. When you push the caliper together the side with the bolt should look just like the "normal" caliper as well.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bolt holes definetly do not slide and the calipers are all the way pushed in.

DIes anyone see how the bolt holes are opposite on each caliper? What I mean is the little part of the boot that is on the inside of the first caliper is on the outside of the second caliper. Why are the bolt holes flipped around?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts