Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

First off i have a 00 impreza wagon that i just got ahold of needs some tlc.

First question is im looking for complete struts including springs so i can bolt them up myself without a spring press. Will 98-99 legacy complete struts fit my impreza? I have done some research and they say it fits vice versa just looking for a clear answer if anyone could help. Also what about the rears?

Thats what im looking at currently

Thank you to anyone willing to help

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,233 Posts
Rear tophat is the only thing that is questionable... the bolt spacing for it might be a bit different at the top.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,188 Posts
First off you should search as this has been covered a million times since 1998 honestly. Yea, 21 years of internet info already and kids still have to act like it's not out there.

WTF company is 'Complete Struts', looks like cheap stuff. May only be good for a year then you should replace with better stuff. People don't realize how much use suspension sees on a car.

Also, stop buying Chinese parts and supporting them.

Support Freedom.

PS: Epstein did not commit suicide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did research and there were millions of beat around the bush answers from asshats like you thinking u know everything and so should everyone else but no yes or no answers but thanks for your input it was useless!

Dont rip me and not expect rippage back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually found a 99 impreza wagon donor car the suspension is in much better shape on the donor just going to swap them all over to mine.

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,875 Posts
I can say from experience the top hats in the back are different. Get on rockauto.com and order what you need. They have everything needed to put them together off the car and install whenever. I would NOT by chinese for this part. One of the few things that if it breaks might kill you. In a McPherson strut setup like is used on this year impreza the shaft of the strut is used as a pivot point/main attachment point to the car. If it breaks the wheel is free to move about. I know some manufacturers have moved to china however you pay for the quality control. China doesnt do quality control unless they are basically forced to do it. Harbor freight is a good example of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts