Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Compatible mix and match parts

Tags
gf8 swaps wagon
779 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  subsonic 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 2.2l Auto, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good "upgrade" parts from other Subbies that are like you could say "backwards compatible" to my car. thank you.

#2 ·
What type of upgrades are you looking for, and what is your budget? There won't be any worthwhile performance upgrades other than suspension, but this post is in the swaps/conversions subforum. Cosmetically almost any wagon parts 93-01 will fit your car, as well as some sedan/coupe parts.

#5 ·
Brake upgrades WRX/Outback H6, if you have drums on the rear you can do a disc conversion (sorry I am not sure what year OBS got rear discs it went back and forth, my 97 didn't)
Swap in a 17mm rear sway bar from a GD WRX to remedy understeer (sorry again not sure on size on the later model OBS cars, my 97 was 13mm or 14mm stock and this swap made a huge difference for cheap)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.