Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several mods to my 2.5 legacy dohc. I am thinking of putting the stage 1 cobb cams in. I know several people put these in any comments on likes or dislikes.
how about the heads. I might get these later if and when the head gaskets go.
I know that the cost on these is comprable to the turbo kit and maybe the new dnt supercharger coming out.
I am worried about reliability and if i spend cash on a sc then the headgasket gos i am really sunk. i dont need a 14sec car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i can't tell you from experience that the cams and heads are good. i will say however that i intend to buy the stage 3 power package, new valves, and valve springs from them.
the only thing i've heard about the cams is that they kick ass. the heads... as far as i know cobb has more hours on the flow bench designing those heads than almost any other company; i have faith that they'll do the job right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the cams are worth the increase in power, but the heads are way too expensive.

Even if they have billions of hours on a flow bench. It's still a huge amount of money.

The only bad thing about the Cams is that stage two might throw a CEL because of the insane overlap.

I've also heard that someone had problems relashing the valves. However i've only heard of it in one post, so that may be just a bunch of BS.

I'd get the stage 2 cams if i didn't live in california (or any state with retarded emission standards), and i'd only get the stage 3 if i was planning to turbo the beast.

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
I too would be interested in the cobb cams if the California emission laws didn't completely blow. To make the stupid car-related laws worse, now the State Legislature is close to passing a law that will triple our already ridiculous annual registration fees. It is almost impossible to even imagine. I can't afford that crap. Just because our governor is a complete fukin moron who can't keep a budget under control, we shouldn't have to be paying out the ass. Sometimes I hate living here.

</EndRant>

jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts