Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am coming back to the Subaru Community! To give a little history, my first Subie was a 2002 MBP WRX. I loved this car. I owned it for 2 years and put STi struts springs, TMIC and UTEC on the car along with JDM headlights, exhaust and DP/UP.

I sold this car for a Rally Blue 2 door 98 RS. I loved this car even more because I love the GC body style. I put KYb AGXs and an exhaust on the RS and planned to swap it until it got broken into in front of my house. The bastards trashed the car and it was totalled because of the damages.

I then made the jump to a White 05 Lancer Evolution RS (Yeah I know.. I know) The Evo was a bitchin car...but i have decided to sell it and get back into an RS. I am going to pick up a 2001 white 4 door RS with 87,000miles.

Many people do not understand Why i would do this... let me explain it for you.

The Evo is nice but, Evo community is pretty much nonexistent. Most of the guys that I talk to are assholes (IMHO). The Suby community is much nicer. Also the Evo is to easy to go fast in. I feel like it is already put together. I want to build my own "fast car". And finally Subaru owners wave back when you wave to them. :p

I pick up the RS on wednesday and the Swap WILL happen this time!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Welcome back dude. You made a decision you won't regret! Selling an evo for an RS... this proves the theory that:

Subaru > Mitsubitchy

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
I was gonna post a similar thread, but I figure I'll just come into yours. :D

You guys probably hardly even remember me ... but I sold my green unicorn-lookalike L wagon last winter upon finding a BMW 535i (which I always wanted). Well anyway, fast forward to now, many things are going wrong with the BMW and my dad has a 02 OBS (too bad it's autotragic) ... so needless to say, I want a Suby again.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a 2000 OBS with 97k miles ... I'm super excited. I hope it checks out well because I really really really want a Suby. So watch out, I might be coming back. :) I hope.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Evo's are great cars if taken care of, they look badass, and I still want one! But in a year or two Ill prolly pick up a 07 STI or something lol.

+1 for the Subaru community, -1 for the Evo community.

·
Registered
643 Posts
And finally Subaru owners wave back when you wave to them. :p
Dunno about the Evo owners you see, but when I'm in my GC, they all wave... guess they got more love for Subaru's then they do their own Mitsubishi's.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Dunno about the Evo owners you see, but when I'm in my GC, they all wave... guess they got more love for Subaru's then they do their own Mitsubishi's.

Yeah dude I noticed this also. I get waves from evos for some reason also.

Welcome back man:sunny:

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS StM
39 Posts
...the Evo is to easy to go fast in. I feel like it is already put together. I want to build my own "fast car". And finally Subaru owners wave back when you wave to them. :p
I think that sets the WHOLE difference between both car/communities. EVOs are nice cars, but anyone can step on the gas on one of those and go fast. With our Subies, it's like a "Choose your destiny" thing... probably more expensive on the long run, but the satisfaction of having what you want and KNOWING how and why is it in your car is priceless.

Welcome back then! :)

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
Torque! Do it!
Well I went and had a look, drove it for a bit ... not worth the 6 grand asking price ... and they didn't want to go below 5800 ... so I decided to keep walking.

Needed at least one rear wheel bearing, the TO bearing makes so much noise you can't hear the engine, the clutch shudders like crazy, there's a few nicks and dents, but honestly it's not worth it to me to pay that much and then have to rip it apart completely right away and waste money fixing it ... I need a car that's gonna work for me right away.

Oh yeah and the guy tried to convince me the rattle is the heatshield and that a 'brand new clutch was put in' ... yeah buddy, you can tell that to someone who hasn't been around Subies.

That said, I did manage to find a couple cars on ebay that I'm really interested in, so we'll see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts