Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new carbon fiber hood made by VIS, what i want to do is not really color matching the hood, is just like giving it a thin coat of paint, so that it seems that the carbon fiber matches my car color, but keeping the carbon fiber look.

I once saw a pic of a blue WRX with a blue carbon fiber hood (You could see that it was carbon fiber,but it looked like it had a coat of blue paint on it).

Any of you guys know this technique or have seen it beafore?

·
Registered
35 Posts
painted cf hood

:biggest: the way to do that is to of course take the cf hood off. Set it on stands with scoop and vent side up. Then tape off your vents and air slit for the scoop. Then you spray thee perfered color of paint into the air just above the hood and let that dry in an even fashion and then clear coat that. then you will have the painted cf hood of your dreams.:cool:

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
I don't know specifically through first hand stuff

But I can confirm that I've heard of shooting paint over the hood and letting it come down then clear coating it

Sorry I can't be of more help

Might want to try some show car pages or something. I belive the color matched carbon fiber I saw information about was on a show eclipse

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kotir-- In fact i saw this on Hi Rev Tuners, a show on speed channel, and thats where i got the idea from.

What i want to know is if there is any site that shows how to it step by step and the amount of paint or how thin does it have to be. For example I was thinking that if i go and get this to a body shop, and tell them to spray paint on top of it, how would you know that the paint is going to come out on a thin even layer and not like tiny little points. I think there has to be isntructions on how to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts