Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Okay well for those of you that have the demo of DIRT on your PC you are probably extremely disappointed. It probably runs like crap and you have to turn all your setting WAY down just to get decent frame rates. Not only that but your controller isnt responding quick and you keep running into walls...I was the same way until I found out this:

Dirt is using a LOT of post-processing for the HDR feature. It looks NICE but I think its a bit overdone... All this HDR is killing your video card and processor as well as eating up your memory...

Download this zip file and extract it to the post processing folder in your DIRT installation. Make sure to back up the old folder before you do so JUST IN CASE. I am not responsible if you blow up your computer...

http://home.arcor.de/armed-tactics/zeug/postprocess.rar

You will probably need to turn the gamma up a bit or else the lighting might be a bit dark...it depends on your monitor though.

Enjoy!

-Matt

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remember though to run it you MUST have a video card that supports Shader Model 3.0

I don't know why but they didn't include support for older shaders...?

·
Registered
98 sti ra & a lot
289 Posts
MattB said:
Remember though to run it you MUST have a video card that supports Shader Model 3.0

I don't know why but they didn't include support for older shaders...?
which is complete bullshit and one of the reasons i'm no longer a geek lol

spent $520 on an ati x800 xt pe agp when it came out, best card at the time and now i can't even play the only two games i'd want to play (dirt and rainbow six vegas). the card can handle the games fine but gosh golly no shader model 3 support makes it so it doesn't even try. never wasting money on a pc again (aside from hard drives or a macbook)

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
graphite said:
which is complete bullshit and one of the reasons i'm no longer a geek lol

spent $520 on an ati x800 xt pe agp when it came out, best card at the time and now i can't even play the only two games i'd want to play (dirt and rainbow six vegas). the card can handle the games fine but gosh golly no shader model 3 support makes it so it doesn't even try. never wasting money on a pc again (aside from hard drives or a macbook)
someone is bitter... :loser:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts