Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I am planning to install coilovers, but i need some suggestions on which brand to choose because I think there should be some kick-ass brand for subaru GC8. Oh yes, my budget is around 1.4k.

I found out that my suby's front shock is bent, so need to change it soon.

Thanks in advance,

Calvin

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
What Carisma said. I bought coilovers only because i can adjust the ride height to where i wanted it (im picky.) The ride on my Megan Racing coilovers is stiff (for my taste) even on its softest setting. Im sure some of the more expensive coilovers out there may have a bit better ride quality but its not worth the money to me since they are basically used for everyday street driving. If someone made some sweet ass lowering springs that offer a soft ride for everyday driving that didnt make the ass sag on my GC i would have gone with those.

Carisma if you have any idea where i can get about a 1.3 to 1.5 inch ride height drop all around with some nice stiff but more soft kinda spring that doesnt sag in the ass let me know. Also what struts. I may go that route and sell my coilovers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, with coilovers, I can change the stiffness to whatever I want. And I also planning to go to track/ autocross. If I change the spring and the shock, it would cost me around 900, so why don't pay for a one that is adjustable.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe
281 Posts
Buy KYB AGX shocks, and ground control coilover conversion kit.. stiff springs(rally-x'ers use 225front/200rear, I have 250/225 and love it), and you'll have all you'll ever need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.