Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to change my suby's suspension system, but I need some advices to choose between coilovers and spring strut combo.

I am planning to go to autocross/ track, so need a new setup. You can say this is my daily drive car, but I don't mind throwing out the confortness out the window.

thanks in Advance!!!

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I decided to get coilovers for 2 reasons,

1. I won't ever have the regret of, "I should have gotten the coilovers instead"
2. I'll be able to run bigger wheel/tire combos without worry

Honestly, struts would have probably been sufficient for my uses, but I just think it'll be worth it for those 2-3 times a year where I really actually needed them. However, there are some strut/spring combos that will really perform close to the same level. How much are you looking to spend around?

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
Im daily driving my swapped car on megan coilovers. I wish i didnt have to but i do.

IMO its not that bad, depends on your city.

The roads here really suck but its still not too bad, the roads in Phoenix, AZ are nice and you can barley tell i have coilovers when driving there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My budget is around 1.4k. I heard alot people getting megan. But someone recommend me to get the silk road. which one is better? or are there any better ones?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
I've ridden on them in Carismas car and they were amazing (Assuming the time attack setup is the tarmac IIs). In fact, I have some being shipped to me as we speak. Ride is pretty rough though.

If you can find people in your area willing to take a ride with you I'd do that before you decide on anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts