Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....so im going to buy coilovers, but im having a hell of a time deciding which ones....

first off, i have a 2002 2.5RS, im assuming 02+ WRX coilovers will fit right?

secondly my car is my daily driver, i do a lot of mountain/aggressive driving and such and maybe a little autocross in a while(when i finish school and have time). I'm pretty set on coilovers as opposed to spring/strut combo, I dont mind NVH, so don't tell me to get KYbsand.....whatever....

thirdly, i've searched and read a lot so but still cant decide.....

right now i'm leaning to the BC racing BR series or Tein Basics, i've heard good thigns about both.

also looked at Helix and Progress, but can't seem to find out anything about them.....

I've heard KSports are garbage for a daily driver so i'm staying away for now

so basicly, within the price range of about 900-1200$ what would be best for me?

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asdf said:
megans would be at the lower end of your range. it's what i use. i have two friends with them, one has an sti and one has a bugeye wrx. i'm riding around on full soft and it's quite comfortable, but that's a personal opinion.
yeah, apparently the BCr BRs are the same as megans except rebuildable?....100$ more for rebuildable is good....

anyone have tein basics? or the helixs?

·
Registered
'01 STM GM6
753 Posts
BC Racing Coilovers are what you want and what you should get. They make megans, and helix, and a lot of other brands, and you can get them for about $930. Don't waste money on tein basics, or any others.

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
i dunno i was in this delimma two weeks ago, i read dozens of reviews for coilovers

what i found is that the megans are absolute garbage, they will break down after a year from what i heard. And well some say that BC are rebuildable but if there the same design as megans, why bother with the hastle

personally it was between the Tein SuperStreet which are 1350US and the Bilstein PSS9 which are 2000. i couldnt stomache paying 700 more for coils so i went with the Tiens and ive been told i wont be dissaponted.
They have 16 ways on dampening force control which is great for a daily driver, one of the reasons i went with those

hope this help your choice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts