Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if someone could help me out with the installation of cobra eyes on my 2.5 RS. cobra eyes are the lights that replace the windshield wiper thing. i was thinking of getting the power source from the headlights, but the headlights have daytime running lights. and i don't want the lights to be on all the time. i was wondering if someone could tell me where i should connect them or if someone could show me a site to look at. thanks....

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Best bet would be to connect them to a corner marker light, which is what I did with my grille emblem.

BTW, if they are red or blue, they are illegal and will get you an "Impersonating a police officer" ticket which (from what I have seen) is very expensive and a pain in the ass. Legally, only yellow or white lights can face forward in most states. Other colors maybe, but that probably depends on the state.

Good luck!

·
Registered
539 Posts
HAHAHA
yeah that "impersonating a police officer" quote came from my thread a while back...........I'm with NWA on that subject:curse:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Corner would be the best place to tap, since they only come on when you turn on the headlights. But if I were you, I would just intall those things right into the trashcan, I personally think they look rediculous. But it is you car, so I guess as long as you like them, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am not the biggest fan of those ligths either, but i have seen them look good on one or two cars. like was said before, it is your car and if you like put them on. One cation to give you tho, my friend had the white ones, and got a ticket for them. the cop that pulled him over was saying the they were blue, we even showed him the package for them. he said it was up to his interprataion on the color and ticketed him. :boxer: :curse:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
monas said:
he said it was up to his interprataion on the color
How the hell do you "interpret" a color? It's either blue or it's not blue! Good thing he didn't interpret them as flashing red lights:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have also seen people tap into the blinkers, so instead of being on all the time, they blink whenever you hit the blinker. i think thats what i would do if i had them.

and thats a pretty big "if"... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts