Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head over to the cobb Tuning website, they have finally revealed that their Project '666' car is to be a GC8 Impreza, that will run a 9 second 1/4 mile.

I think I'll take two of them.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Must be to coincide with the release of the latest issue of GRM. There's a big article on the Cobb SM WRX. Sick indeed!

H

·
0 Posts
Based upon.
And why not? If it's a drag car the couple hundred pounds of car they're saving goes a long way. I'm guessing closed deck h6 with a huge turbo, pretty beefy nitrous setup... We already know it's got a standalone ecu with antilag. So what's left? Will it be AWD or RWD? Will it have a FHI tranny or something custom built/adapted?

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you chk out the Impreza 1/4 mile registry, the top performer is (guess)....

NOT A FRICKIN WRX!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

All this talk about the WRX being the be all, end all of all things Subaru!!! For naught!!!

1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS with turbo NO Nitrious!!! Other WRXs even have NOS cant out do the MIGHT of the GC8!!!! Muhahahah!!!

Edit: Oh crap my bad, I didnt post the link, it's

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/thomasck/Registry.html

H

·
0 Posts
Well it really shouldn't be a surprise. They dropped a race-prepped STi V4 plant in it.
So it's got a godly motor and it weighs a couple hundred pounds lighter.

·
Registered
144 Posts
horatio102 said:
Well it really shouldn't be a surprise. They dropped a race-prepped STi V4 plant in it.
So it's got a godly motor and it weighs a couple hundred pounds lighter.
well if you wanna split hairs:p... but an RS killing all the other WRXs is still a sight regardless merely due to all the hype...

This is kinda like, if ya think RSs can't compete... this is what ya get!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dear readers,

As we have alluded to in the previous two stages of our Project ‘666’, we are in the process of building a one-of-a-kind Subaru capable of 9-second passes in the quarter mile strip.

If you have not guessed, Project ‘666’ will be a drag car competing in the Street Class based on the GC8 platform. The reason we did this is not to show favoritism to the “old school” or the “new school”, but rather, it’s an available chassis with a lot of the groundwork for modifications already laid. It will have a turbo capable of producing prodigious amounts of power, with a healthy shot of nitrous to help its forward motion. It will also have a custom ECU with anti-lag capabilites to aid in attaining that low 60ft time.

In the coming months, we will be releasing more information about the project as we approach its release date. Until then, sit tight and enjoy.

COBB

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
NINE seconds?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

:eek:

Jeez I hope you guys have armoured suits to protect your ribs from collapsing under all that g-force. :D

Congrats!
-S2-

·
Registered
597 Posts
I just checked out the article about Cobb's WRX in Grass Roots.
They put a custom turbo 2.5 RS engine with compression lowered to 9.0:1 in a WRX?! Why go through all the trouble of an engine swap when they should have modified an RS?

·
Registered
744 Posts
sunnys25 said:
I just checked out the article about Cobb's WRX in Grass Roots.
They put a custom turbo 2.5 RS engine with compression lowered to 9.0:1 in a WRX?! Why go through all the trouble of an engine swap when they should have modified an RS?
You must be talking about project cone basher..

http://projectcobb.com/conebasher

This is Chris Fleming's WRX. If you haven't read about it, you need to. I believe they just wanted to start with a car that has more stock potential. If you're thinking it's just another subaru newbie, don't. Chris has been around for a long time, he even sales subarus.

His car dyno'd at 420 awhp, and that was a little conservative. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
no no no you guys are mistaken , that's going to be my car , yes my car will be the first 9 sec. GC8 in the US , rally blue 99 yeah that's mine , I already have the H6 sitting in my living room just trying to figure out how to bolt on that supra 6spd , you'll see ..........
not really

1 - 16 of 16 Posts