Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
if you are on the i-club search for a review done by Revision...he did one hell of a write up on them...they are VERY nice brake pads and stop VERY nicely from a 100 but they are noisy...too noisy for my liking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got the Cobb pads on my fronts... didnt fit my rears as i have a 98 and they don;t offer rear pads to fit the 98 models... but as for the front pads i am quite happy with them. I've got brembo x-drilled/slotted rotors as well, and the combination is amazing. The car breaks as smoothly as my dad's Lincold Continental, but with more bite if i put a little pressure on the pedal.... highly recommended :)

only drawback is some squealing... but i just carry around that break parts cleaner from pep boys for when it gets real bad :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do the Cobb pads cause any problems as far as warping or scoring the rotors? I can deal with dust and noise as long as there's a real difference in performance.

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS, Aspen Whit
150 Posts
I was going to get the EBC green stuff. Are you saying they suck? I was just going to get them and put them on but I am rethinking this because I really need to get the rotors turned and then some new brakes but trying to figure out which ones to get that won't ruin the rotors and won't squeal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have had the front ebs pads on for about 5 months now. Pretty nice not to loud but a lot of DUST!! PLUS i really think they messed up my rotrs?? I am not buying EBc again!! SO
do what u think is best!!
Richie

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS, Aspen Whit
150 Posts
I think I am going to go with carbon fiber pads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts