Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with my car lately. Whenever i start to take off fast, the engine will rev up and the car wont catch as quickly. Its really apparent in fifth and third gear if you put the pedal to the carpet. Its almost as if the clutch is slipping. Am i going to have to replace it? or is this adjustable in some way?

R

·
0 Posts
Which model do you have. Some are cable operated and adjustable, some are hydraulic and adjust automatically.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is a 98 impreza 2.2L L series w/ a 5 speed tranny. The car has almost 100,000 mi on it, but the clutch didnt seem that bad not too long ago.

R

·
0 Posts
Your car has a cable operated clutch. There is an adjustment on top of the transmission. The cable has a threaded end with two nuts on it. Loosen the nuts and put more slack in the cable. You should be able to move the arm the cable goes through a little. To check for proper adjustment, feel the pedal. There should be 1-2 inches of freeplay. Lock the two nuts in place and see if the clutch is still slipping. If it is , you will need a new clutch.

sean

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. I'll try that sometime tomorrow. I hope it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts