Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clutch pedal assit spring?
Anyone know much about them? As far as I know it just assists you with pushing the clutch it... That being said I was told it can also be the cause of a sticky clutch pedal.
Long story short, On my way to work this morning and my clutch kept sticking to the floor, and I had to pull it up by hand.

The Clutch Master Cylinder/ Slave Cylinder where replaced less then a month ago.
The clutch/ throw out bearing have 1000 miles on them.
So its unlikely that those are broken...

That being said, I was informed that the pedal assist spring could cause the pedal to stick. I was then told you can just remove it because its not needed?
Can any one confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
MY00 GC6 BRP
2,151 Posts
If you clutch pedal is sticking, you might have air in the lines, or a leak; aside from the possible spring problem. When was the last time you bled the system?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garrett thats exactly what I have.
And system was last bled a month ago when I installed the new clutch master cylinder and slave.

Also noticed alot of burning clutch smell today? Im not riding the clutch at all.....

·
Registered
99/06 WRSX
1,046 Posts
It's always possible that your new master and slave cylinder just happen to be bad. I mean, I'm sure it's not common for brand new parts to go bad so quickly, but it's not impossible.

Just a few weeks ago one or both my my cylinders went bad (I think it was the master), causing my pedal to not return up when I pressed it down quickly, and the engagement point was extremely low. If I pressed the pedal really slowly it would return like normal, but for normal driving the pedal wouldn't work properly.

I ended up replacing both master and slave cylinders.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,756 Posts
I had the same problem years ago. Replace it and all sticky problem solved.

·
Registered
1997 Impreza L 2.2
82 Posts
It's not a spring issue. You most likely have a master or slave issue. Crack the line at the slave and have someone press the clutch. That will give you a better idea of what's going on.

Posted from Rs25.com App for Android

·
Registered
1998 Subaru 2.5RS
16 Posts
Clutch pedal assit spring?
Anyone know much about them? As far as I know it just assists you with pushing the clutch it... That being said I was told it can also be the cause of a sticky clutch pedal.
Long story short, On my way to work this morning and my clutch kept sticking to the floor, and I had to pull it up by hand.

The Clutch Master Cylinder/ Slave Cylinder where replaced less then a month ago.
The clutch/ throw out bearing have 1000 miles on them.
So its unlikely that those are broken...

That being said, I was informed that the pedal assist spring could cause the pedal to stick. I was then told you can just remove it because its not needed?
Can any one confirm or deny this?
Sorry to bump this up. I'm having the same issue.

Replaced master cylinder, slave, adjusted pedal, put anti-seize on everything. I can't seem to get rid of the last 2 inches of sticky clutch pedal.

Did you ever resolve this by removing the assist spring? If not, how'd you fix this issue.

Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts