Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay well a few days ago my clutch line blew and luckily i had a replacement ss one that i replaced it with.. after replacing it putting more fluid in the master cylinder i still got no pedal what so ever. I pumped it an bled it for over two hours and still got nothing(except the fluid in the master did go up and down as i pushed on it).

so i decided slave cylinder must have blown as well. i replaced that with a new one today and i did the whole bleeding and pumping process again to get nothing just like before but this time the fluid in the master clyinder did not move at all like last time... so i thought to my self take off the hard line and see if fluid comes out of the master cylinder.. and what do you know NOTHING came out of the master not even a drop!

dos this mean my master cylinder is dead as well or clogged from the nasty black clutch fluid i had in my lines before?

please help any tips pointers will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
I am having the same problem on my swap. I believe the car is in gear and I need to move it a little bit. Whenever I try to push the clutch pedal in it just goes straight down. I tried reconnecting the line to the master cylinder, but it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
425 Posts
yeah i think ur MC is done. i had this same problem. replaced the MC its not hard to do at all. probably takes about 20 extra mins to do.

hint: when ur done bleeding and the clutch doesnt come all the way back up by itself, go back underneath by the pedals and readjust the arm to make it a little longer. i had mine too short and was wondering why it wouldnt come back all the way up.

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got it to work blew up a whole bunch of crud out of the master and then tighten everything back up and bled it like a bastard by myself!!! =-]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts