Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the street clutch offered by ACT, and am having issues.

Often when getting on the freeway for the first time in a trip (often an uphill onramp), the clutch pedal will stay down and i will have to lift it up with my foot. i checked the master cylinder and it is over full, and has dark, almost black fluid inside.

Also if i'm really using the throttle, the clutch will sometimes slip on the upshift, after the pedal is fully released.

it used to have this weird issue where the clutch would whine as i let off the pedal, but now it has these weird issues.

any ideas?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,164 Posts
I have the street clutch offered by ACT, and am having issues.

Often when getting on the freeway for the first time in a trip (often an uphill onramp), the clutch pedal will stay down and i will have to lift it up with my foot. i checked the master cylinder and it is over full, and has dark, almost black fluid inside.

Also if i'm really using the throttle, the clutch will sometimes slip on the upshift, after the pedal is fully released.

it used to have this weird issue where the clutch would whine as i let off the pedal, but now it has these weird issues.

any ideas?
well there's your problem.

bleed out the entire system and put new fluid in and go from there

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does it tend to slip under high load or only when you let off the pedal really fast??
moderate to high load, yes, letting off the pedal fast, but only when the rpms are matched. once the pedal is fully released, the throttle is used to supply the load, which is when the slip occurs. that being said there may have been a couple instances of early throttle application which netted the same result.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
sounds like its worn out.. or getting there. :(

my only experience with act is negative. had one in my dsm for only 500 miles during the winter and the throwout bearing died.

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like its worn out.. or getting there. :(

my only experience with act is negative. had one in my dsm for only 500 miles during the winter and the throwout bearing died.
which is interesting, because i know someone else running an identical setup, except for the fact that the engine is an STI. and he hasn't had slipping issues.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Buurma: ACT doesn't make a throw out bearing so you can't blame that on them.

OP: The fluid is toast. Flush and bleed the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.