Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight i noticed when i pull my e-brake up not like tight but just slightly pull it up while moving. My passenger rear wheel goes clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk. I had the wheel bearing replaced about two months ago. Just replaced rotors and brakes a few weeks ago. What do you think the problem could be?

·
Registered
'99 2.5 RS Rally Blue Pearl
937 Posts
the e-brake you can tighten, i dont know about the clunking, unless the wheel is unbalanced or something, did you throw a balancing weight?

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that i know of. would that make a clunking sound? i will take it apart when i wake up this after noon and try and diagnose it. any one else have any opinions?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Rotor could be out of round in the parking brake drum area. Had the same thing with a new set of drums for my rear brakes on an OBS.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,311 Posts
I have a similar problem. I installed new ebrake cables, new rear rotors and new pads. I double checked everything after the install and when I slightly pull the brake while driving, the left rear side clunks once like something is tapping the bottom of the car. The caliper bolts are tight and the pads and shoes are new. It only does it on the driver side, so I'm thinking it may not even be the brakes causing the problem, maybe a bad upper strut mount.. or even worse, the agx struts I installed a few months ago? :noes: I had swapped the rear brakes from drums to disc shortly before installing the agx struts, but can't remember if it made the clunk before. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts