Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WRX SWP, 01 RS White
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully if everything goes well in the next two days I will be closing on a buy on a 2011 WRX Limited. This deal is way to good, 6k under MSRP with 1,700 mi on the car with no lien on the title. This will be my fourth Subaru! as you can see, I am a fanboy. I will keep you posted as news come on in brah!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Official, I just bought a 2012 WRX premium for 28k :)

new for 2012: new white headlights, rear trunk trim is now body color instead of grey

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$28k. Jeez, might as well just spend the extra on an STI.
2010+ WRX is faster then STi. And for all practicality, if your not on the track constantly, an STi is not worth it. Is the 6spd and 40 extra horsepower worth the extra $10k?

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,762 Posts
2010+ WRX is faster then STi. And for all practicality, if your not on the track constantly, an STi is not worth it. Is the 6spd and 40 extra horsepower worth the extra $10k?
Better suspension, better brakes, and 6 speed. I really don't even care about the hp. Base model STI is only $5k more than a WRX Limited, which is what you said you were getting.

I'm also the type that pushes the crap out of their car on the turns, like everyday. Mainly cause a Brighton has almost no power, so I don't like slowing down much.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For my daily driving, I don't need an STi. Better yet, I have this thing called a warranty; I plan to use that. The new WRX are putting out the same number as the STi on the track. It's even faster then a STi on the 1/4 mile.

Yes, with the STi you get 6spd, DCCD, pillow ball up front, 40 extra hp, brembo brakes. But here is the thing, to even get moonroof, fog lights, heated seats, that is an extra $5k on the already base price $35,000 STi. So $40,000 for a fully loaded STi compare to a fully loaded Premium for $28,000. No thank you.

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
For my daily driving, I don't need an STi. Better yet, I have this thing called a warranty; I plan to use that. The new WRX are putting out the same number as the STi on the track. It's even faster then a STi on the 1/4 mile.

Yes, with the STi you get 6spd, DCCD, pillow ball up front, 40 extra hp, brembo brakes. But here is the thing, to even get moonroof, fog lights, heated seats, that is an extra $5k on the already base price $35,000 STi. So $40,000 for a fully loaded STi compare to a fully loaded Premium for $28,000. No thank you.
this is the only justification i can come up with, is that its a lot cheaper to get a fully loaded car thats almost as fast. if you're paying $30k+ for a car, it better have a sunroof and fog lights and heated seats

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Guys, please don't turn this in to a "you should have bought" thread. If you don't like what he bought, be polite and just don't say anything.

airbornesoldier-
Congrats. :) You bought it in the best color, too! ;) I personally prefer the hatchback, but that's a nice car, you'll love it. The 2009+ WRX is such a huge improvement over the 2008.

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts

Why would you get the extras added, when you can get an STI Limited with those options for $37,500.

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
Out of the new Imprezas, I think it's the best looking. After that, it's the blob eye. The other two, I wouldn't touch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.