Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed on eBay that there are several clear corner lights available for around $35. What are these and why so cheap?

If I look at various vendors here, it looks like they have them for $100 bucks or so. So does anyone know why the price difference. Are they real cheap knockoffs or something.

One of my stock corner lights has a big crack in it and I'm looking to replace it and figured "Why not go to clear corners?"

Thanks for the input.

Slim

edit:

I also notice several of the clear side lamps on eBay as well, real cheap. Where as they're $60-80 else where.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I know what you are talking about, and I actually got a set similar to those not long ago. They are not exact matches, but they work. They are not as expensive because they are not originals; they are knock-offs. I had to modify mine a little bit to make them fit right, but it was nothing major. The little round piece on the corner light that sticks out right by the fender wasn't long enough on mine, but I was able to make them fit by modifying some electrical connectors and shoving them in the opening in that round part. I really don't forsee any problems with them, but maybe someone has something else to add?
:)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I got mine from procarparts.com and I think they look a heck of alot better than those clear/orange one......and get amber bulbs for them, the stock ones look brown.:barf:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased mine at a Subaru parts counter, got both for like $55 or so (as an employee), so maybe try to find someone near you who works at a dealership that can hook you up. I just prefer OEM parts, although it's not always possible (like clear sidemarkers).

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
I got my clear corners, side markers, and turn signals from procarparts.com

they all fit perfectly and look real nice.... i think it was like 30 for the corners, 15 or so for the sidemarkers, and i have seen the awesome totally clear non etched turn signals for bout 30 as well
;

check it out considering isr has them for 100, 90, and 100 a piece
save yorself some bucks:sunny:

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
43 bucks a piece thats fucking bullshit.... Buy yourself some from pro car parts for 1/3 of that shit.. u won't be able to tell the difference.:stupid:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
yeah you're right... sti vs procarparts p.o.s. products...

no difference there!:D

some prefer Rice... some prefer NICE...

:)
Jamie

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine off ebay from procarparts for like 25 bucks. There definatly not oem quolity but i havn't had any problems with them at all.

-Dustin

I agree with Jamie on most things but as far as corner lights i don't see knockoffs hurting anything as long as they fit.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
yeah subie gal.... i bet u can't tell the difference at all. Mine fit PERFECT... hmmm... can't get much better than that... but go ahead and get ripped off if u want to... pissing away money for STi clear corners that look the same sounds smart to me...
*sarcasm* u don't seem so smart now

·
Registered
392 Posts
now where are the clear corners on www.allsubaru.com? i can't find them. They have the bumper lights and side indicators but no clear corner signals. ?? maybe i'm missing something but i did a site search with google and with their system and came up with nothing but ^^ those or bug-eye parts.

thanks..

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
Uhhh, yeah. I got the procarparts lights too. I have heard some nasty things about that place, and its customer service, but I got the lights anyways because I just wanted a good price overall, and I had heard the quality was just fine. It is that. They are a pretty simple part, so there isn't much too it. They look and fit and work good. Put some nicer bulbs in them though.

jonathan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts