Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone has done to make their bay look pretty. I know there are a lot of things that can be done, shave it, tuck it and ad some bling. I was wanting to make under the hood look cleaner with out breaking the bank.

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here is how it looks as is. I already ordered the rally tech bolt kit and some hood struts i was thinking maybe a couple after market caps, move the battery, ditch the abs. Also I wanted to tuck some wires and maybe move the fuse box and windshield wiper tank but dont know the best way to go about it.

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to relocate the power steering pump reservoir. Also is there anybody that makes nice looking caps for like the hydro clutch fluid and break fluid reservoir.

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
I have blinged my reservoir caps out with some JDM Eifel/L'aile cap covers and replaced the oil filler cap and Battery tie-down with Prodrive billet items.
The JDM in-fender coolant overfill tank also cleans up the bay significantly.

One day I'll pull the ABS ctrl module out which should also help clean up the bay a bit (Still have to buy OEM non ABS hardlines)

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
The rallytech bolt kit is nice, I have it in my car.

-replace or paint all your reservoir caps and dip sticks
-rad shroud + Alt cover
-paint washer fluid bottle (or maybe make a aluminum one)
-just start pulling brackets off and having them powder coated
-Like Jwalker paint/powder your header tank top
-Paint/powder PS Pump
-Polish or paint ac compressor and alternator
-Paint engine bay
-Aftermarket FPR + Rails + SS Lines
-SS PS pump lines

If you dont want to tuck I always thought sleeving the wiring like they do for computers would look pretty damn cool.

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went and got 20ft of a 3 gauge that I am going to use that I got from home depot. Its thicker than the stock cable plus instead of having a bunch of thin wire stands to make it up its actually like 10 really thick copper wires put together.

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
ORW (off road warehouse) used to sell a nice battery tray designed for optimas that was made of steel with a locking lid so that the battery doesn't fly off in case of a rollover. I bought one with aims to do the battery relocation. I ended up selling it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts