Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, according to a story I just got off of Yahoo, Citroen has decided to abandon their appeal of Loeb's two minute penalty, thus giving the overall win to Tommi Makinen.

According to this story, the decision will be made officially public tomorrow, but basically Citroen realized there was no way they could win the appeal. No mention was made of the fact that the FIA has traditionally frowned on appeals and many times increases the penalty assessed, but I'm sure that was part of the decision as well. At least this way Loeb still finished second, just barely ahead of Sainz.

Chalk one up for the good guys! :D

Here's a link to the article on the official WRC page: Story

·
Registered
796 Posts
It is so nice being able to cheer for Tommi without a guilty conscience. And yes, I think this could be the start of a long and beautiful friendship.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Kick ass! Now that Subaru is through the teething problems they had with the new car early last season, and picked up a kick-ass driver to replace thier departing sweet driver, and thier other driver (forget his name) is capapble of the occasional win, and several high finishes, I see a good season ahead for Subaru!:D :D

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think that Tommi is probably the greatest WR driver ever, and Solberg is going to be one of the top 5 drivers in the world. If the cars hold together, I think that Subaru is in for a GREAT year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You say even after the 2 minute penalty Loeb finished ahead of Sainz? Ouch! I bet Sainz is pissed; I remember seeing a quick interview with him and he thought that Loeb should be disqualified, not just penalized. (haven't read this for myself since I just got home, just going on what was posted by Mike M)

I wonder just how ticked Sainz is going to be......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts