Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was in Belgium for two weeks and ordered some goodies while on the trip. Anf when I came back last evening, there they were!
Anyone guess what they could be?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The ScanGauge was a birthday present (B-day was on the 10th)
And the KYB AGX struts and P1 springs I orderd myself. Total for struts and springs was $623:)

Be jealous:p

Installing the struts and springs today hopefully!!

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
let us see and know how it looks drives and just feels!?
I want that suspension in my sedan!

·
Registered
99 RSTi & 00 L wagon
312 Posts
Nice job on the suspension bits!!!

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
if not a secret... where did you get the suspension from?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@URAl_ Let's just say it got a little bloody...

Haha, jp.
I got the struts from CVRMotorsports.com and the springs from RallySportDirect.com!
Shipped pretty fast!

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
damn that's a great price for the KYB AGX and P1s I want that on my RS as well. Is that shipped as well? GL with the install.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, thats including shipping. I think it was 30$ shipped for the struts and free shipping FTW on the springs!

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Awesome. :) I've got the same P1s from RSD, waiting in my garage to be installed.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm installing them today so we'll see how it goes.

What are you waiting for Siper??:p

·
Registered
2000 BRP Impreza RS
746 Posts
Damn thats the setup i want =). Too poor right now to get anything though :(. Let us know how they feel

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the fronts are 4 way adjustable. 1(softest)-4(hardest) and the rears being 8-way adjustable 1(softest)-8(hardest). No doubt 1f/1r will give you a softer ride than 4f/8r. But the harder setting you have, the better handling you will get. But then you will have a very bumpy ride. I guess people typically have them at or around 3f/6-7r for DD and 3-4f/8r for autox/track?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, an update on the suspension:
got the two fronts on. While trying to take the top bolt off on the left rear stock strut, my ratchet broke.

·
Premium Member
2001 Aspen White Impreza 2.5rs
877 Posts
i have that suspension. it is awesome. its cool to be able to adjust the settings.

f.y.i. if you have a rough roads around you you are going to want to keep the seetings pretty low. and yes at full stiff settings it is pretty bumpy, not coilover bumpy, but still pretty rough.

have fun and be careful with the new suspension

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well just put all four on last Wednesday and I love it! Right now I have the settings to 3f/8r. It's bumpy, but I like it! Cornering is so much better than stock. With the stock suspension I found the car struggling a bit to take sharp turns at moderate speed. With this set-up, it takes it at ease. I took my first corner and the car hugged it so clean. I thought to myself "woah, maybe I should go a bit faster." And I did, nothing changed. It stayed with the corner throughout! I love it.
Recommend this set-up to anyone who doesn't want to spend an insane amount of money on suspension. For the price, you can't beat it!

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Well just put all four on last Wednesday and I love it! Right now I have the settings to 3f/8r. It's bumpy, but I like it! Cornering is so much better than stock. With the stock suspension I found the car struggling a bit to take sharp turns at moderate speed. With this set-up, it takes it at ease. I took my first corner and the car hugged it so clean. I thought to myself "woah, maybe I should go a bit faster." And I did, nothing changed. It stayed with the corner throughout! I love it.
Recommend this set-up to anyone who doesn't want to spend an insane amount of money on suspension. For the price, you can't beat it!
That's good to hear!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll take a picture tomorrow to show how much the P1 springs drop the car. it's not too much, but it's noticeable

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
What are you waiting for Siper??:p
1. Time
2. Help

:lol:

I've got a couple local people willing to help me out, I set it up a few weeks ago. So we revert to #1.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts