Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering...how much Crank HP do you think I have with the following bolt ons:

Intake
UEL headers
Cat-back
Perrin Crank Pulley (not on yet just bought from someone on here)

I was thinking:

Intake- about 10hp from what I have seen (there is a thread on this)
exhaust-maybe 5hp at the most
Pulley- Like 8hp or so?

so like 188hp at the crank?

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
People don't understand. When you add mods, you can't just add X amount of hp that whoever saw increase on a dyno. Mods working together do not work like that. My guess? Maybe 10 hp at the crank. RS's don't respond much to bolt-on mods. Breathing mods combined with cams and headwork can yield some significant gains, though.

· Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People don't understand. When you add mods, you can't just add X amount of hp that whoever saw increase on a dyno. Mods working together do not work like that. My guess? Maybe 10 hp at the crank.

Ya that sounds ok I guess...

If I could just hit the lotto big and do an STi swap:banana:

· Registered
17,115 Posts
People don't understand. When you add mods, you can't just add X amount of hp that whoever saw increase on a dyno. Mods working together do not work like that. My guess? Maybe 10 hp at the crank. RS's don't respond much to bolt-on mods. Breathing mods combined with cams and headwork can yield some significant gains, though.
+1

I dunno about that I saw a dyno sheet with just an intake of a 12hp gain:banana:

I mean with 165hp stock I would hope to be at 180:confused:
It's very easy to make a dyno sheet up. You have to consider the source of which it came from, and take into account any potential bias. A reliable source would be a third party whom have nothing to gain by the results of this "dyno sheet".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.