Whiteline Springs
20MM FHI Rear Sway
Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
Front and Rear Camber Bolts :D
17" Wheels with S03PP's
Proposed Alignment:
Front: -2.25 Camber 1/8th toe out
Rear: -1.75 Camber 1/8th toe out

I want this car to handle like a go-kart (i.e. neutral with oversteer when and if wanted) :). I don't want something too squirrly, and I don't want something that will get me killed at high speeds or daily driving. Tire wear is secondary, these tires are going to wear out sometime, so use them to their full potential, right?? :)

Thoughts, opinions, etc? I will let you all know how it turns out...

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
what kinda 17s are you runnin?

Acc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mark for the info. :) 1.5 in the rear, not 1.75. :)

3nf- Funny man. :lol:

Accurit- 17's are Rota Tarmacs in GOLD :D

Getting alignment tommarow night, hopefully all will go well. So my final specs are good??

JJ

·
Registered
Silver '99 Impreza 2.5 RS
118 Posts
The rear toe-out will be nice on the autocross course, once you get used to it. It'll be very noticeable at highway speeds though, so you may consider getting yourself familiar with how to set it back to zero for street driving. The rear toe settngs on our cars are cake -- if you haven't gotten the alignment yet, have the shop set it at zero, 1/8" out, and 1/4" out, and mark the adjusters at each setting -- that way with two wrenches and a few minutes, you can put it wherever you want it for the conditions.

Sean
www.subrew.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've run those settings for over two years out here in Colorado and in all conditions. The only downside I can attest to (if any) is tramlining. Highway speed (~90 mph) isn't a problem, nor is the car nervous. Granted, this might not be the optimum setup for Bonneville...

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alignment is complete big thanks to Bret. :D Final specs:

Front: -2.3 Camber
1/8 total toe out

Rear: -1.7 Camber
1/8 toe out

Being in the car for the alignment really does help. You wouldn't believe how much I threw the alignment off when I got in the car. :) But now those specs above are with me in the car, and the car in autox condition (i.e. just above half tank of gas, no spare, etc).

So, how does it handle? Well this Sunday we should be able to tell. :) On the ride home, however, there are some twisties and I did some testing. :devil: If this is any indication: Mission Accomplished. It handles like a go-kart, neutral big time, no push, goes right where you want it, cool as hell. :D:D

Now I gotta learn the car all over again, which I guess is the only downside. :)

JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts