Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the cheapest Subaru AWD with minimum 1.8L engine? Year doesn't matter

·
Registered
347 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
1988 Subaru Justy RS 4WD Hatchback 2D $450
but 1.2L
That is a true classic. :) That is a very very rare car...plus its small and easy park if you live in a city.

As for true AWD...Hunt down a Loyale...probably between '87 and '90. They did make AWD models in wagon, sedan, and hatchback. Some may be turbos or GL10 models, both highly desireable and had some trick features.

Otherwise, a '90 - '92 AWD Legacy will fit the bill and should be obtainable for less than $3000.

Hope this helps. :)

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
1988 Subaru Justy RS 4WD Hatchback 2D $450
but 1.2L
That's whatI want! Strip it, cage it, turbo it (maybe), and not have to use the good car for playing in the woods all the time.:D I've seen them around here for $500 for a 91 AWD.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I've heard the Justys are very problematic, you'd probably be better off with one of the GL's or an XT / XT-6. Personally, my next car is going to be an 88 or 89 AWD XT-6. The earlier ones were carbureted, and I want a FI one so I can turbo it. I found a few here, for around $1200 - $1500 with 125k miles or so.

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just want something CHEAP and drivable. So I could use it as my primary vehicle under my insurance. I rate is NUTS!!! I found a justy. the guy is working on it and hope to sell it when he is done. I am going to check it out soon! :D I know it could be problematic. But what do I care if it's going to be $500? :D Plus, I know plenty of Subaru techs that are willing to help me to check it out first! :D

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i just bought one for 20 bucks. i have yet to see it, i know it doesn't run, but i know it's AWD with a 5 speed., and i think it's an 88. it's also a two door hatchback. what did i just buy?

brian

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
nope i'm not. gonna pick it up on friday. i'm thinking about building it with a turbo'd RS engine, if the cash flow stays good for me:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts