Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a good tip for all you guys pushing air.

First off, thanks to 5252 for the tip in the first place.

For $3.50, I gained 2 psi, 1500 rpm, and maybe...20 horsepower.
What to know how?

I purchased a small can of spray belt dressing from NAPA today, removed the blower belt and sparyed it down. The stuff is kinds messy but damn if it doesn't work like crazy.

5252 suggested gask-a-sinch which I was unable to find, but NAPA did have a can of the stuff made by Balkamp.

I knew my belt was slipping a little, but oh my god. My car now pulls 10 psi all the way up to... well until I shift.

Give it a try. I recommend taking the belt off the car to spray it though. Again, the stuff is kinda messy to use.

-Chris
www.shamrockmotorsports.com/Impreza.htm

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
and what does that stuff supposed to do?

jz

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
scca01, is your car equipped with a Supercharger? If so, what kind? Was your SC an 8psi setup then? Wouldn't you have to tighten the belts to prevent belt slippage? You can tell if a belt is slipping by the screaching sounds it makes, correct? (about the same sound as a car burning rubber)

Once we have reliable SC's for our cars, some guys here will want this information if it works.

·
Registered
613 Posts
superchargers make more power with a smaller input pulley size and making that adjustment is when I got into slippage. and you can only go so tight before you start overstressing bearings on everything. you are also correct about the belt scream. but the most noticable part is that the power just drops off. I thought precip would kill my intention of running an exposed input pulley and belt but the belt dressing has proved otherwise. i am so glad because you just don't see that kind of configuration every day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
scca01 - I thought I and Adam Kennedy were the only non-wrx boosted in colorado springs. we should hook up sometime!

Adam is running mid 14's in pueblo in 4 psi, and I am running low 13's on 10+ psi on 2.5L motors.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts