Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
RS25.com said:
Oh, here's a picture:

James- did your radar detector come with that clip? if not where did you get it and do they make any for cobras?

: Remove intake silencer (MY98-99 only)
HondaH8er- Why did you say only 98-99 models, i have a my01 and removed my air silencer the first week i had my car.
Alex

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
another great mod....a hot date riding shotgun with u....bout like 7 bucks....dinner and a movie....buy her a happy meal.....let her play with the toy hahah

·
Registered
744 Posts
I say debadging..

You could also paint those UGLY ass orange vents.

With a little more money, you could get clear sidemarkers, clear corners, and clear blinkers.. Around $150 for all three.

·
Registered
00 Impreza, 04 Impreza, 02 GTI
272 Posts
There are a few weight reduction mods you can do as well.

There's a metal plate in your glove box. And there's a metal block above the jacking plate behind your oil pan.

Personally, I wouldn't take out the plate behind the glove box. It's there for the safety of your passenger. As for the metal block above the jacking plate... that's just there for vibration reduction. You'll get more shakes... but less weight.

P.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Weight reduction continued...

Take out floor mats
Take out spare tire cover (carpet and masonite)
Take out Jack
Remove back and passenger seating
Uninstal Stereo
Remove A/C (for you boys up North)
Remove hood (only on sunny days) :p
Tear up carpeting
Remove Passenger airbag (why not, you already took out their seat!) :lol:
Remove glove box (who need gloves anyways?)

This is a joke, do not destroy your car! If you do, it is dRu 888's fault, blame him...

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
Here's one that cost me about 5 bucks and about 2 or 3 hours (but it's really easy work, and half of the time's spent waiting for the paint to dry).

1. Get some "smoke" or "window tint" spray paint from a hobby shop. It's used to tint the windows of model cars. It's designed to be see-through still, and made to paint plastic. I used it on my turn signals.

2. Look at your turn signals while they're flashing. The outer edges don't really light up.

3. Remove turn signals (single phillips screw) and clean them up real nice. I used some bug & tar cleaner. If you applied wax to your turn signals, dishwashing detergent is good for removing wax.

4. You might want to mask off the inside area of the signals (the part that lights up), and paint a few more coats on the outside edges, so they'll be darker. They're not lighting up anyway, so there's no need to worry about making them too dark. I used some newspaper and held it on with scotch tape. Roll the outside edges of the newspaper upwards, so there's a smooth transition (not a sharp line) between the painted/unpainted surfaces.

3. Paint away, making sure to hold the can about 10" from the signals. Apply thin coats to prevent running. You 'll probably want some gloves so that you don't paint your hand. Make sure you paint the side edges of the orange plastic too. Let it dry for a while, probably at least 30-45 minutes between coats.

4. After each coat is completely dry, you might want to wipe it with a clean rag to make sure you're not painting over any dust.

5. Repeat until satisfied. I used 2 coats on the outer edges only, and 2 more coats on the entire thing. It's still a little orange-looking, but you can still see the turn signal pretty well in bright sunlight.

6. You might want to add a layer or two of clear coat, but I didn't do this, since I didn't have any.

7. You also might want to apply a couple layers of automotive wax, to protect the paint. I used Turtle wax, because that's what I had lying around.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I accidentally discovered the same thing about three years ago when I over sprayed my front turnsignals on my 88 XT with silver. The lenses blended into the front bumper but were still visible when on! Never thought about doing it deliberatly!

:sunny:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
TIP: When painting your lights (you can do this to the rears, too, BTW) get some clear film - I think the hobby shops sell it as well - and put it on first. Then, paint the film.

When you get busted, like I did last week, you can just peel the film off and get your ticket "fix-it-ed." :D

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Bumping this SOB

Bump.

We're gonna need more simple mods for a few lowlifes like me. :checkit:

·
Registered
20 Posts
take the A/C belt off, never used it even though i live in the south(thats what windows are for:D), I got about the same effect with light weigh pullies.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
98imp said:
take the A/C belt off, never used it even though i live in the south(thats what windows are for:D), I got about the same effect with light weigh pullies.
hahaha! That's a good idea! I never use A/C, only heater. Windows down is definitely the only way to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
now if i could only find directions on how to take the whole a/c out i'd be set.:p

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
I cannot beleive nobody has posted the throttle body bypass mod...:eek:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts