Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 Black RS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
just need some advice about plumbing some wiring through the wiring boot for the front door
I am changing the wire gauge from my amp to my front speakers, i have successfully got the wire through the boot between the chasis and the door fine in the rear,, but i cant seem to do the same for the front. Is there a trick to it i know i can puncture the end of the boot near the grommett but i want to keep it thrugh the boot, any ideas

thanks

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS BRP
3 Posts
Use the stock wire to fish the new wire through. Fold the wires over themselves and inter link them, like the image below, and wrap them tight about 4-5 inches with electrical tape, then pull it through. I've done this with other cars and pieces of equipment at work. Take your time, patience pays off.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,014 Posts
^^^^ probaly the best way. Only other way i can think is if you can remove the rubber grommet/hose that gaps the door jam and feed it through one part at a time, but im not even sure how difficult it is to pull that grommet and if you would be able to get it back in.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,762 Posts
Hopefully, they haven't pull out the old wire already. If so, clothes hanger after that, I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.