Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing an engine swap from 2000 awd to 95 fwd engine, tranny, and rear end are pretty straight forward, but electrics...i've never done anything that major.

My plan so far is to take out the interior from both, and swap everything...

any one know what issues i might be faced with, or possible problems.

I will be doing this next friday.

Thanx
Alex-

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
I'm not completely sure about this, but what about the ECU? Might need to swap that out with the engine and tranny. Otherwise, I can't think of anything else that you would want to worry about.

·
General pain in the ass
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the whole point of "wire" swap.

i want to use 2000 ecu, along with the abs, alarm, and whatever else i used to have on 2000.

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Wow! You will have the first USDM 25RS RA! That is so cool! As long as you swap all the electronics, you are cool!
Kevin
ps, i wanna see it when it is done!

·
General pain in the ass
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)

i will be setting up a site, and will take a lot of pictures

any suggestions on what i should put in it :)

light flywheel is one of the things i'll be doing, other then that i dont think i'll do much as i want to put a JDM engine in about a year (or less depends on debt :D)

I am sure i'll regret starting this project someplace half way inbetween :rolleyes:

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,273 Posts
it'll take time...............with alot of patience you'll do fine!

Good LucK!!

*FuJi cheers on!*

·
General pain in the ass
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont know if any one cares but my swap is moving along... really really slow, but it's moving.

I am stuck on hooking up 2000 tank to 95 right now. I would like to put in the tank, and rear end, but i dont know how to hook up electrics. Without knowing that i cant progress in stages, i'll have to do ECU swap, and i dont have time to do all that at once..

Soo... any one has an idea on how to hook up 2000 gas tank to 95?

(car handles great with front end lowered 1.5") :D

Thanx
Alex-

·
General pain in the ass
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kaos, i dont know if you read my lats posts, or Soobie gal gloats at i-club, but basically i've flipped my rs. So i bought a 95 fwd auto L, and i am currently in a process of swapping...everything :)

engine, tranny, AWD system (rear diff, driveline..., driveshafts, axeles...), gas tank, new shucks + sleves, all electrics, interior, dash, seats, side panels, gonna install sunroof (serously considering roof scoop - 900 vs 1500), rs bumper, sideskirts, headlights, bla bla...like i said, everything i can, i will.

currently the engine, gas tank, rear end are all in my garage, as soon as i figure the best way to go about electrics I am gonna dissasamble my 95. First mod after i get my car running will be 12.211.200.235 sticker across my hood :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts